Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11.03.2011

Swaddlebees Simplex AIO: Review!

I have to admit, I was skeptical of this diaper, but it was one of the small/newborn diapers I chose for Gavin. The Swaddlebees Simplex AIO is a diaper of a different vein than the ones I have for Brendon. First, it's all cotton birdseye fabric in the inside-no potential stinky  microfiber! The outside is waterproof and feels nice. You know how some PUL outsides feel icky? Well, this one feels nice. LOL. And the print, I bought the Lemon-Lime print. It's nice and bright, without being obnoxious.

 Second, it's a pocket diaper, but the stuffing is attached at one end and agitates out in the wash. You can either stuff it inside or lay it on top and stuff the pocket (open on both ends for more cleaning) with extra stuff. Since Gavin still gets changed at least every 2 hours I'm not stuffing it with extra stuff.

Third, it's a side snapping diaper. I only had two other side snapping diapers for Brendon, and I didn't really like them. Brendon would always leak out the front-even though everyone raved about how great side snapping diapers are for tummy sleepers. But even though Gavin isn't sleeping on his tummy, I was still nervous. But I'm glad I bought it. I really love it!

Gavin Emerson, 1 week old
Of course, Gavin has already pooed in it several times and I haven't noticed any staining. But, the good thing about the diaper being cotton vs microfiber or something else is that if they make your stash (and I could be very so tempted!) is that you don't really have to worry about using only certain detergents. You could have a simpler wash routine!

I line dried this diaper overnight, and in the morning it was still a little damp, but it was inside rather than outside. If I had hung it outside-and it wasn't in the 50's here, I'm sure it would have dried in no time at all!

When Gavin still had his cord stump attached, it actually fit below it pretty well. Today, his cord fell off and the top of the diaper actually comes to right at belly button level. I bought the small size and it was one of the first cloth diapers he wore. When we came home from the hospital he was 7lbs, 8oz. The small is sized for 8-16lbs. So, it fit a little below 8lbs, and Gavin is still on the smallest snaps, so it'll fit for a while.

Swaddlebees Simplex AIO retails for $17.97 at Kelly's Closet. I purchased this diaper myself, and received no compensation for my thoughts and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment