Rockin' Green Laundry Detergent is the first cloth diaper-specific laundry detergent I tried, so I don't have much to compare it too, all I have are what it's done for me! First of all, it's very powdery, almost like damp powdered sugar. And the scents! WOW! I was given Earth, Wind & Orchids to sample and review. The scent is very light, and a little flowery, but something good about this is that the scent washes out, so the diapers are left clean and scentless. Pee and scents don't mix so well!
Other scents they have:
- Mighty Mighty Marshmallow - it's sweet and nutty, and very mighty!
- Smashing Watermelons- this juicy watermelon blend is like a kick to your senses..Best Seller!
- Earth, Wind & Orchids- this scent is flowered with inviting hints of tartness, floral, woods, honeysuckles and sugar.
- Rage against the Raspberry- this raspberry and honey blend will have you running around the laundry room looking for the mosh pit!
- Mötley Cleän - there's clean and then there's Mötley Cleän. This fresh blend has hints of ocean, fresh linen, and sunshine.
Lavender Mint Revival- this medley of lavender and mint is like nothing you have heard or smelled before!
- Bare Naked Babies- because we love the smell of babies, we offer an unscented variety too!
I have a top loading washing machine, so I used 2 tablespoons for a load of diapers, and I felt like my diapers had better stink control than the other detergent I was using. Although, I did rock a soak before I started. To do that, you use hot water and 3 tablespoons of Rockin' Green. Then let it soak for 1/2 hour up to 1 hour. Mine actually sat for about 1 1/2 hours because I forgot and kids happened :) Then, you do your regular laundry routine with NO MORE DETERGENT. I was amazed. My diapers didn't smell stinky when they were dried.
I've heard alot of poeple complain that the Rockin' Green gave their kid an awful rash, but Rockin' Green recently revamped their formula to take care of that. The new formula is called "Remix." Rockin' Green comes in three different formulas. Soft Rock for softened water, Classic Rock for regular water, and Hard Rock for hard water. Here's a map to help you determine what kind of water you have. Or, when in doubt, you can call your water company, or you can even email Rockin' Green and they'll help you find the right formula for you!
Want to try it for yourself? You can buy it from Rockin' Green directly here or many cloth diaper shops carry it, Kelly's Closet is one of them.
Or, you can fill out this easy Rafflecoptor form for a chance to win a 45/90 (45 loads in a top loader, 90 loads in a front loader--I was confused by this number at first...oh, just me...ok) bag of Rockin' Green in your choice of scent and formula.