Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10.08.2010

short and...short

I really wish I could come up with a good blog post for today, but I can't. My head is killing me, and it's making me nauseated (it's been doing that lately, since BAM weaned BOO!). So today will be short.

Brendon's napping (or lack of napping) has me re-thinking this whole big family idea. He goes down beautifully for his morning nap, and will sleep 2 hours. Even if he gets up as late as 830 (but usually it's more like 730), he'll still be ready for a nap about 10, or earlier if I let him. He has not taken an afternon nap for me since Sunday. That's almost 7 days! Can you imagine it, I used to have 4 hours a day all to myself on my off days, but no more! Only letting him sleep for 1 hour isn't helping, either. Wednesday I finally got him to take a nap about 5, because we had church at 7, he had time to be awake before bedtime. I think we might have to cut out the morning nap and go to afternoon nap at 1230 or something. Plus, a later bedtime and earlier wake up time. I can do 9pm and 7am. Or just 8pm and 7am. I cannot do 7pm (or sometimes 6pm) AND 6am. Not good for mommy's happy moods. So, remember us in your thoughts. Whether you have kids who still take long naps or kids who don't need naps at all.
We're transitioning, and it's going to be hard, I'm afraid. But, maybe it won't be. Maybe it'll be like that recipe you got from your Great-Aunt Myrtle that had like 50 steps, but you realized you could just buy the topping, buy the crust, and buy the filling, skip to step 45 AND have it taste the same!

Good night all, and maybe Ms Migraine will take her boyfriend Mr Nausea on a long holiday. Perhaps Never-never land? And they would never want to leave, but they'd think about it, but then realize that it's better where they are because they never-never have to grow up :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I think the 2-1 nap transition was the trickiest one yet! I shortened his AM nap down to 40 minutes before I bit the bullet and committed to 1 nap a day. I think I had a harder time than he did. I didn't want to give up my shower time in the morning! But honestly, I like the one long nap in the afternoon better. It took about 2 weeks to adjust. I moved his bedtime to 7:30 (instead of 8) for about a month while he was adjusting. And then nap started at 12 everyday until he got used to it, and now it starts at 1pm. The first few days he only slept for about 45 minutes, which was horrible! But after a few days he started sleeping long for the nap, and now he sleeps for 2.5-3 hours in the afternoon. He's back to bed time at 8, but he sleeps until 7-7:30 so I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete