Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

3.17.2010

Random Dozen, St Patrick Style

1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
So, is 1 none, or would 0 be none? Cause usually 0 is none. I'd say none (either 1 or 0), but I do have a few quirks (mark, shut up!). Like, things have to be equal or even. Like, if one of my knuckles itches, I have to scratch them all...why? I dunno. If I rub one ear, I have to rub the other one. Just, what if I didn't and something happened and it never got rubbed again??

2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?

...........does it have to describe me? I really don't know how this fits into my life one bit...sorry....next?

3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?
When BAM is asleep. Like now, he just fell asleep for a nap (thank you, universe!) or the other night when after I put him down for the night...and checked on him....and rechecked on him....and laid him back down....and laid him back down...and he finally fell asleep. Then I blogged.

4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?
No, but once, I tried to get all ready for it, I changed my clocks, my watch, but not my cell phone cause I thought it'd automatically change (what with them being powerful and intelligent and all). My alarm clock went off, and I checked my phone, and I could not figure out which one was right. I think I spent five minutes looking at both of them, trying to reason with myself about which one was right. I finally got out of bed (I was still in college) and looked at the clock in the hall, which only confused me more, cause it either was like 30 mins off or something weird. I got smart and opened up my computer to see what time the internet said it was. By that time, my roommate's alarm had gone off, and I knew what time she got up, so I knew what time it was supposed to be. whew.

5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?
The birds (my husbands most hated thing), the flowers and the warm nights
 
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
Yes, because it's the one day of the year that EVERYONE (most everyone- I'm looking at YOU who always refuses to conform even for fun!) wears my favorite color!!





7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?
Science. I stunk at it. That, and how fast dirty laundry and dishes multiply

8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?
I think it started out like a lion with the cold and rain and the SNOW! and every once in a while, it'll tame up, like last week Wednesday, when it was in the 70's!, but then it goes "Ha! Fooled you!" and bites your toes.

9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?
Unfortunately, I'd probably waste it. Unless it was at night. Then I'd LOVE the extra hour to sleep!!

10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?
All these cute baby things that grab my legs as I roam the stores. Or, free groceries. That'd be good too.


11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.
My baby napping. Today showed me just how easy he usually goes to sleep. But then, on days like this, we get extra snuggling and holding and walks in, that normally wouldn't happen

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!
Well, I cracked the "randomness" of the site. But truly it said Jacinta Murray. You can pick your own first name, and then 75 different Irish last names ranging from Smith to Browne to Ahearne. I'm a party pooper, aren't I? Every party needs a pooper, that's why you invited me!

No comments:

Post a Comment