Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2.10.2010

Random Dozen

I haven't been meaning to neglect this randomness (although, I always find a common theme, so the questions aren't exactly as random as the name implies). I've had a lot on my plate, what with the snow and the kid and the job...

1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
Ha! I'm grumpy, because it's all about me, and everyone must feel the way I do! If I'm miserable, then so everyone else will be too! No, usually, I'm pretty pleasant. I only get grumpy if I'm home, and I'm tired (when I'm sick).

2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
YES! Now, I have one more day to work on my (whatever is due). At least, that WAS my gut reaction. I'm not in school. But regarding being called off of work, my first thought is, "do I have Paid Annual Leave to cover" followed closely by "I get to sleep in!"

3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Staying on top of all the skills-laundry, dishes, cleaning. Actually, I just wish I had more motivation to do it. Like right now, I'm doing this addictive interesting meme, while the laundry is melded to the upstairs floor, the dishes are all dirty, and my bathrooms are growing things in crevices.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
Do I ever decorate my home? the only thing that get's pulled out is a Christmas tree and stockings for Christmas. More 'decorations' just mean more junk and dust.

5. What song is on your mind today?
Right now, nothing, thankfully. And I'd like to keep it that way. I normally wake up with some peppy lyrics going through my head, and they're around all stinking day!

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
Depends on the producer. I'd take an Alfred Hitchcock movie any day over the transporter some silly movie made last year. But then, Sandra Bullock's newest movie was a keeper (when it comes out on Blu-Ray)
 
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I can get the thing done, but I end up seething inside because I'll shut up and just have the argument in my head, but all the while on the outside, I'll be relatively 'normal'

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
He went out of his way to bring me dinner (and a snickers for dessert!) while I was working in school and I missed dinner.

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Tuesday, at work. the "powers that be" decided I needed to move bed Georgia* out ASAP, but wasn't going to happen because she was on an insulin drip (that has to stay in the PCU) that wasn't time to be ended. That, and a million other things happened. A doc came by and took bed Montana's dressing off his leg and left it open, so I had to redress it before it got all sorts of more nasty things in it

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
Everyone else passing out store bought Valentines, and me trying to make some cutesie ones, but getting odd looks when I passed them out. That was in elementary school. In high school, seeing who got the most candy-grams, balloons, flowers, etc. One year, (ha! the only year I was in "high school") I got a rose and a flower from "your secret admirer" and I never, ever figured out who it was from. Normally, the lurkers admit it, but mine didn't. Eh, he didn't make his move, so his loss, right?

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Reece's. or the conversation hearts. I like things that are individually wrapped, because they last longer. But I don't like 'off brand' chocolate. It has a funky pre-aftertaste. Like, it's been sitting next to something that smelled and absorbed it's odor as it's taste. Blech! I won't even buy it for other people, that's how much I don't like it.

12. Red or pink?
*Waggles eyebrows* for what? I have both :) I think red can be too distracting, like on finger nails, but pink can get too childish. Red on toe nails is adorable, while pink says I'm not mature. A red sweater or shirt is professional, while pink is more casual. Red unmentionables gives confidence, while pink is every day, normal feelings. Red icing leaves you looking like you turned vampire, while pink leaves you looking like you mess up your lipstick. Red hair can be classy, pink is always punky and/or funky. Red socks can be for boys or girls, pink are girls only! Red is for Target and necessaries. Pink is for VS and fun and totally not necessary.


*all names and bed numbers/names have been changed to something totally irrelevant and unrelated to not incur the wrath of HIPPA

2 comments:

  1. i so related to your #12...read my answer about the movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your answers. They made me chuckle.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete