Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

5.09.2009

And now my feet are swollen....

Base of the Washington Monument

I tried to upload a post from my iPhone, and it says it uploaded, but they aren't showing up. Bummer. Do any of you upload from a mobile device, and if so, how and which app (if it happens to be an iPod/iPhone) do you use?

Original Ruby Slippers

That out of the way, MCM and I are visiting my parents for Mother's Day (and to stop at the Cinnabon to get a free cinnamon bun for Nurses' Week :D). We decided to spend the afternoon in Washington, D. C. It was great fun, way better than just sitting around all day.

Kermit the Frog

We rode the Metro up, and stopped at the American History Museum. Here's some highlight pictures.


Stradivarius, I think

I didn't have my camera, so all these pictures were taken with my iPhone, and I think they turned out pretty decent.

Nice car, no?

After we made our way around the crowds of people also deciding to look at all these old artifacts and such, we meandered downstairs where we spent a small forturne on lunch. MCM's cousin, we call her Crazy Cousin, gave us some moolah that we used for lunch. We were going to try the ride simulators, if they let preggers people on them, but they were charging for them, so we passed it up.

Abe's top hat. He added the black velvet ribbon in memory of his son, Willie

We weren't quite ready to go home, so we chose to visit the Washington Monument on our way to see the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial. It was a long, long, long walk. I considered mugging a few cyclists for their bikes, but then I remembered that I hadn't ridden a bicycle in...years. And, given my balance issues lately, I wouldn't get far.

Honoring the fallen and their memories

All these little presents made me wish I had something to give them. I was taking one of these pictures, and this guy stepped right in front of me. I was *this* close to moving around him, when he snapped to attention and saluted what I can only guess was one of his CO's/buddy's names on the wall. It was beyond words.

Proving I was there...where ever there was

Just to prove to you that I did go and did walk all the way, with my belly leading the way. Oh, someone gave up their seat on the Metro for me! I wasn't expecting it at all. We entered a really full train, with only standing room. This lady, who maybe remembered being pregnant on the Metro with no seat, stood up and said, "Here, sit down." Wow, huh?

You are not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment