Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

9.05.2008

"Mega-Disaster Preparedness"

How about the renovating, huh? I like it.

Yesterday at work, I was informed of a "disaster preparedness" plan that we have, and will be putting into effect this weekend. It came about because of TS(/hurricane) Hanna. "They" had this thought that half the staff should be at the hospital, and the other half should be ready to be called in case of mega-disaster. "They" wanted us there *before* the storm hit at 2am Saturday morning, so that made it about 11pm Saturday night that half the staff was supposed to show up. Guess which half I fell into? Yup, the half that had to be there Friday night. They're reasoning?...that I was supposed to work Saturday anyways, so I might as well be there...Yeah that's smart.

"Hey, let's have all the staff that's supposed to work Saturday morning, come in Friday night. Making them be awake and working all night long, so that when Saturday morning comes, they'll be in the groove and can work all day too!"

Just not a good idea. Granted, they were going to make places for us to sleep and split our 12 hour shifts into 6 hours, but still. *I* wouldn't want a nurse taking care of me who had been up awake during her sleep hours and awake hours. They'd probably even put us down in the Emergency Room to help with the "mega-disasters," huh?

But as you can guess, since I was talking in the past...They've called it off. Turns out Hanna isn't supposed to hit here until 12noon Saturday, and even then it's only supposed to be rain...we'll see about that.

It figures, I went out and bought nonperishable items, extra water, and bread, and milk, and a cooler in case our electricity goes gone. That all means it won't anything but a drizzle right? Good, that way, I'll be all ready for Ike and Josephine...and...Kosmo...and...Lorelei...and...Manuel...and who ever else decides to pop in over here. (Please note, I just made up those last three names, I'm not predicting anything)

MCM just had to measure the new TV we got because he wasn't sure it was a wide screen...now he measured my laptop screen...and locked himself in the closet...what am I gonna do with him? I love him!

2 comments:

  1. I like your new template. Did you get the idea from me? You used the same site for yours as where I found my new one.

    ReplyDelete