Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2.02.2008

Look what I made!

I made us a good dinner last night. I ventured forth from the complete meals in a box on to make your own food, and season the chicken yourself. I made chicken on my George Forman grill, chicken rice, corn, and biscuits. The following pictures will give you better insight to my cooking skills. But don't judge me only by this. I made amazing desserts, cookies, cakes, pies, brownies. Alas, if I made only those, we'd both be 300-400 pounds. So I try my hand at healthy different food.

I blame it completely on the oven. I know it's possessed! The racks are funny intervals, one is two low, but the next one up, sits too high. Plus, the temperature is about 25 degrees hotter than the dial says, AND the back heats hotter than the front. By the way, that's the corn in the back right-ish corner.

This is my wonderful George Forman grill. We got it with the bazillion of gift cards to Bed, Bath, and Beyond for wedding presents. It has interchangeable plates, so we cook waffles and stuff on it too. It cooked the chicken in like 5 minutes, seriously! I had to turn it down to warm while everything else was finishing up cooking.

Drum roll, please. The finished product, minus the biscuits. They were having problems playing in the oven. Oh, on a funny note, I always mess up rice, because it expands so much, kinda like spaghetti does. I noticed how small the bag of rice was and that there was only 2.5 servings in the thing. I concurred that they probably figured a little teaspoon scoop per person. So, what do you think I did? I made two bags. I took a picture of it, but my phone decided to be funny and not show it on the computer. Let me play around...

*15 minutes later*

I got the pot picture. That's alot of rice. Good thing I like leftovers, huh?

Even after all the mishaps, Mark still eats my dinner. I have to admit, it was really yummy. Maybe I'll make it again, when the leftovers are finished!

We're working on taxes now. I have to work tomorrow. I'm going to bed as soon as the movies over. Thought you'd like to know.

1 comment:

  1. Great going, Krystina! As long as it's chicken, Mark will eat it.

    ReplyDelete