Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

9.19.2012

Confession time!

So, with all the Mommy wars going around, I just want to put it out there why I'm a good mother to my kids. They're in no particular order, just as I think of them. And this not an all-inclusive list!

I use medications, like Tylenol and Benadryl for both of them.

They get their vaccines.

They use cloth diapers.

They use disposable diapers.

I work +12hrs a day, 3-4 days a week.

Some times, on my days off, I wish I was at work.

I carry (carried, too) my kids in my arms, in a baby carrier, and in their infant carseat. And they ride in the shopping carts without a protective cover!

I love coming home and seeing my son run to me yelling "Momma!!"

I love seeing my husband come home so I can pass of my kids to him for a break!

I hardly ever cook. Pancakes, French toast, and grilled cheese are weekly meals.

We don't eat organic.

I have laundry piled up all over my bedroom. Ha, my living room too.

I bathe the kids when they're cranky, not caring if they're dirty or not.

I had an epidural with both boys' labors, and breastfed them until a year or so. (still nursing the little one)

I used formula with both of them. And pumped while working full time (12+hr shifts!)

They're both circumcised.

My little one cries a lot. Nothing I do changes or helps it. So he cries.

My big one watches too much TV, but he can count to 13 and knows all the letters in the alphabet and numbers 0-10, so I'm ok with it. Thank you Sesame Street!

I usually have dirty dishes in the sink and stinky sippy cups under the couch.

We eat in the living room. Often.

My 3yo isn't potty trained yet. And my 11 mo doesn't sleep thought the night yet.

My 3 yo has a Bible verse memorized. It's "God loved us and sent his Son." and I'm super proud of him.

We don't spank often, but when we do, it's well-heeded.

I could go on. I'm not the perfect mom, or wife, but I'm perfect for my family. If someone tries to attack my choices and tell me I'm a bad parent because of what I do, I'm going to leave that person as fast as I can. I berate myself enough as it is, I don't want or need any one else doing it for me.

At the end of the day (or the middle of the night) they know I love them and when they call, my arms are around them tight!

What about you? What choices do you make for your kids that make you the best parent for them.

13 comments:

  1. My boy rides without a cover when we go somewhere without gramma. Gramma insists on one, and since it makes her happy I don't fight it.

    He is also no potty trained and will be 3 in november.

    Actually, it sounds like we do most things exactly the same!

    I did a "Bad Mommy" post too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean people eat somewhere other than the living room? lol, I don't even have a dining room table anymore - it was collecting too much junk, and now that it's gone, Levi and I have more room to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can identify with so many of these... especially eating in the living room and sippy cups under the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely relate to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing just fine. I had three little ones (at one time) twins, and an infant. Was my house perfect? NO! I kept toys in our living room in a corner, and we let them draw on a wall in their bedroom, really, we did. My house was for the comfort of our children, and I would have it no other way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, for one, see absolutely nothing wrong with any of your choices. Are they the same ones I made? Some, but not all. Are they the ones that work for you? Sounds like it to me! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's a dining table anyway. Never had one and my kids have all been fed. All 3 ages 14,13 and 3 are well fed. We live out of laundry baskets and my 3 year old is still not completely potty trained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm. Well, I have teens and they eat where and when they want to and hubby has his laptop on my dining room table. The one we got because I was going to have us eat meals like a family? We do that at Christmas and Thanksgiving and that's about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popping over from Life with Levi!
    I can tell you that, on more than one occasion, I found myself saying "yup" or nodding in agreement while reading your bad mama-isms.
    I'm LOVING these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rarely cook a real meal. We do pizza, grilled cheese, waffles, spaghetti. My poor kids... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's hear if for the epidurals.

    Is grilled cheese, pancakes and waffles bad?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so relieved others eat in the living room. I thought it was just because it's my son & I now and I was a bad parent for not having the "family dinner". At least I talk to him while we eat & watch a show...and I feed him! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't even have a dining room. And sometimes we eat in mommy and daddy's bed while watching TV!

    ReplyDelete