I think it's worth getting up for

I have been trying to get a copy of my medical records from BAM's birth since the end of July. It's now the end of August and I'm feeling a bit neglected and very frustrated! I need them to apply for short term disability, so I can still get a little $$ since my Paid Annual Leave has now run out. I was informed that the doctors have 30 days from discharge to get the records finished and submitted to medical records. I was discharged on the 20th of July...It's now the 31st of August. Either someone can't count, or there is no reaction for not submitting medical records in a timely fashion. I have called and called the records department. Each time I'm told "No, we don't have them yet." First I was told that they'd have them by the 15th of August. I called the 16th. I was told then that it would be following Monday "for sure." I called Tuesday. I was told "they have 30 days to submit it, but we'll call you when they do." I called after 30-some days. Still wasn't in. Now it's been a month and a half and still nothing! I'm half tempted to call the doctor's office myself and see if I can add a little push from that direction. I'm going to call again in the morning, and see what excuse they give this time. Maybe they've had it all this time and just don't care to go looking cause it's not where they think it *should* be. I've had that happen to me before. Then, surprise surprise, look, it's been here for 3 weeks!

Like my bridesmaid's dress for my friend's wedding. I ordered it the end of July, and was told it would be in before the 19th of September. I hadn't gotten around to calling them yet, cause my phone allowance has been used up on calling MIH for my records... Anyways, she's on the ball and calling to see if they're in. Guess what? My dress has been in since August 19th. Did I get a call? nope, nothing, nada, zip, zilch...etc. I guess I have to go try it on and get it hemmed...even with heels. The dresses are made for the tall people, people who are like 6'2" so they don't have to add fabric. But that means that average people like me at 5'3" need a bazillion inches hemmed off. I'd skip it if I could, but really, when there's 6 inches of fabric pooling on the floor AFTER I have my heels on...something is off...

Phone etiquette these days just isn't what it used to be. The lifeguard at the pool resorted to texting the office manager to let her know he wouldn't be in the next day due to a football game. There goes our pool time! I was looking forward to spending more time in the pool with the bambino, but the hours have been cut back to 5pm-8pm. Who wants to go swimming at that time of night in August?! I'm sure some places it's still very hot at that time of day, but here it's starting to cool off and the sun is behind the trees.

Speaking of the bambino, Brendon is already wearing some 3 month clothes! He can fit into some newborn outfits still, but for the most of them he is too long. I was looking at the tags of some of the clothes, and they say "3 months: 8-12 lbs." According to the label, my son should have been wearing 3 month clothes at birth?! and he should be out of them?! I think the labels are a bit off. Maybe they're more guidelines than actual rules.

This weekend, we are embarking on a first time journey: traveling out of town with a newborn. Traveling on an airplane out of town with a newborn. I'm excited to go, because I'm eager to see the family, but at the same time I know what it will do to Brendon's schedule. *not looking forward to that* We're staying afloat, doing much better this Monday than last Monday. Last Monday, I was pulling my hair out, ready to try anything to get him to sleep between feedings and to last longer than 2 hours between them. I read this book On Becoming Babywise, and I think it's helping. At least, I know when he'll be ready to nap. I don't have to guess if he's going to nap this time or not. I'm not too strict on the scheduling part, like the book says too. But for the most part, it's going well. He's got his feedings to about every 2 1/2-3 hours during the day, and at night from 3-4 1/2 hours. I'm not sure what it is that gets him to last longer, else I'd be doing it! I guess I could make him wait, so he'll be more hungry to eat, so he'll eat more, so he'll go longer. But you try to just not feeding a starving frantic baby and we'll see how long you last! It's hard. Especially when you try to soothe him and he starts rooting and pulling and whimpering cause he knows there somewhere. And I'm not about to just ignore him in his crib. The few times I've done that, let him cry for a while, was because I was tied up-showering or driving or something where I just couldn't help him. And those few times he had tears streaming down his cheeks-very heart yanking!

I think my favorite time of day is now the mornings. Let me explain that statement lest you think I have converted to a morning person. I still wish the mornings came at like 1pm, that waking up wasn't so stinking hard, that we could have afternoons first; but my mornings have just been so...lovely since I've been able to spend it with Brendon. He normally wakes up and eats anywhere from 7am-8am. I try for 7:30, but a half hour either way is my leeway. So he'll eat, then snooze for like a minute while he recovers from the soothing flavor. Then we spend about a hour or so on the bed playing and talking. This is the time when he smiles and talks the most. Maybe it's just cause I don't have anything else that I'm doing, so I can devote all my time to him. Maybe it's because he's so happy that I'm still her. I don't know. All I know is that I look forward to those times and I'm going to miss it when I go back to work. After he's been up for a while and goes down for his morning nap, I start my day. That's not too far off from before he was born, but a far cry from the 9:30-10am mornings I had enjoyed. But it's worth getting up early for, so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment